19 December 2011

Gotta love a handmade Christmas.

Those cushions I mentioned in my last blog. A little bright, but I was quite pleased with them.

Lemon butter made from our own lemons to give to friends this year. I always make an extra jar for myself of course. My niece likes it that much that she eats it with a spoon. Sadly she lives in NZ so I can't send her any. That would be the perfect present for her. A jar and a spoon!

This year's Asian themed Christmas card using assorted origami papers that I found at the $2.80 Japanese store at Northland Shopping Centre. Bargain!

And personalised ornaments for all the kids in the family. I started doing this when my son was born and it seems to have become a family tradition. I didn't do them one year and all hell broke loose! My sister's 3 kids are going to need 2 trees to put them all on by the time the all reach 18, but I'm so glad they appreciate them. Sometimes I do a small cross-stitch, or something beaded, but always something different with their name and the year on it somewhere. I like to think that my son will keep his and show them to his own kids one day and maybe even hang them on his own tree.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Donna:

    Love all your Christmas craftings and gifts - very creative. Have a lovely Christmas and New Year and catch you in 2012.

    Ange

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your christmas wishes Donna - and I hope yours is smashing and lovely too. :)

    ReplyDelete